On June 2, 2018, the Escola Superior de Tecnología da Saude of Lisbon will hold the IV Orthopedics-ESTeSL Days, this university is recognized for its specialized training in the area of health with important careers such as the Degree in Orthopedics.
These meetings has been held since 2015 and are currently a consensus meeting in the Portuguese scene which aims at the scientific evolution of the sector through the presentation of different research studies with different discussion tables. The focus throughout the event will be on optimizing the process of rehabilitation of the population, trying to learn from the technological improvements and cultural exchange that all attendees will be able to experience.
Different international companies will have their own promotional stand since the day will have a Fair character. This will make it very interesting for all brands and suppliers who want to get new business relationships.
Gerimais, Ubiotex distributor in Portugal, has been invited as a reference in the world of orthopedics by the direction of ESTeSL. Undoubtedly, it is great opportunity to continue being up to date with all the advances in the world of orthopedics and share experiences with different specialists in the sector.
Here you are the schedule of the event:
8h30 Opening of the Secretariat
9h00 Opening session
– President of the ESTeSL – Prof. Anabela Graça (ESTeSL-IPL)
– President of the Organizing Committee- Prof. Daniela Lima (ESTeSL-IPL)
– President of the Honor Commission – To be defined
Osteo-neuromuscular integration of artificial limbs and neurorehabilitation of phantom limb pain – Max Ortiz Catalán
Osseointegration of distal load.The implant Keep Walking – Jenz Muller
10h30 Coffee Break
The importance of motion analysis for the evaluation of mobility and performance – Vera Moniz Pereira
From the biomechanics of movement to dance – Inés Barbosa
To be defined: Three-dimensional scanning; Additive manufacturing – Vanessa Lopes
14h00 Free communications
– Contributions to the scientific evidence of Orthopaedics – Manuel Roldán
– Influence of the Tibial Twist in AFOs Resource in CAD and CAE Technology – Manuel Roldán
– Evaluation of the efficiency of different materials in the relief of plantar pressure – relationship with body weight and material thickness – Daniela Pereira
– Evaluation of the C. Functional and C. Energetic in Amputees of M.I – Flávia Marrón
15h30 Coffee Break
José Pedro Matos (Ortoprotésico)
Alignment of prostheses – new realities – Igor Pinneo
Prevention of ankle sprain: past, present and future – Prevent Sprain Technology – Diogo Silva
President of the Organizing Committee – Daniela Lima (ESTeSL-IPL)