«Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control. Symptoms can vary from mild urine filtration to abundant and uncontrollable leakage. It can happen to anyone, but it is more common in older ages and among women who experience it twice as much as men » (Medline Plus).
It may occur eventually, such as because of an injury, illness, or women in the postpartum period, also as a side effect of some medications; in these cases it is usually solved when the disease remits or, in the case of postpartum with therapies, but when it affects older people who have suffered vascular accidents or have dementia, the incontinence is permanent because they do not control the sphincter or the muscles are weakened and leaks occur.
In all cases, it is a source of discomfort and shame for those who suffer and an extra job for caregivers who have to pay close attention to the hygiene and comfort of the person who suffers.
In Ubiotex we have a line dedicated to incontinence with articles that facilitate the day-to-day caregiver and improve the quality of life of the user.
- The Waterproof Diaper Support Panties are made of polyurethane (sanitary fabric with saniluxe treatment: anti bacteria, anti mites, anti fungus, anti odor, anti stain, breathable and flame retardant) hold the diaper and prevent the liquid from wetting the patient and transferring outside . Available in three models: traditional with elastic waistband, with velcro closure (recommended for bedridden people) and pololo with thigh adjustment. For cases of severe incontinence or in which a diaper is required for pool therapy, beach baths, etc … we have available models, traditional and pololo that incorporate absorbent lining.
- The mattress will be perfectly protected and dry with our protectors (similar to the bottom sheet) and zipper covers (the mattress is inserted and covered on all sides), available for all bed widths (can be made to measure) in curl, polyurethane and vinyl. Of the three we recommend the sanilux polyurethane because, thanks to its thin membrane with tiny holes, it eliminates the sensation of heat, humidity and noise that other waterproof fabrics produce, in addition to its practicality, it is enough to pass a damp soapy cloth so that It is clean and dry in minutes, it is not necessary to remove to wash it.
- In cases where you want to waterproof a certain area, either on the sofa, on the bed or as a support for diaper or wash changes or simply do not want to use a mattress protector or cover, we suggest the crossings edged without wings. They are made in different sizes and in the same qualities as the protectors and covers.
- Underpads allow waterproofing the area they cover and also absorb liquid. They are made in a standard way with wings to tuck down the sides of the mattress in multiple sizes, although some models are manufactured with elastic at the corners so that they fit and cover the entire surface of the bed and others have adjustable straps to hold The chair or armchair. They are reusable and in the long term they are cheaper than disposable, in addition to minimizing waste.
We have two models: Robusta and Suavisec, both composed of 4 layers:
- Napa, is the top layer, which is in contact with the user, soft and pleasant to the touch, prevents the formation of bedsores.
- Cellulose, inner layer that absorbs the liquid.
- TST, prevents deformation of the underpad.
- Vinyl, makes barrier and non-slip effect, prevents liquids from penetrating.
The Robusta model is the one that has more absorption capacity and supports up to 400 washes. It can be made to measure.
The Suavisec modelhas an unbeatable value for money, making it one of our flagship products. It supports 300 washes, it is available in sizes 90×85, 105×85, 135×85.
If you need more information about our products or your applications, do not hesitate to contact our commercial department, we will be happy to assist you and advise you in a personalized way.